Up to €0.00 per annum
Days to Advertise
PFH Technology Group are seeking an AWS Cloud Engineer
Open to any location in Ireland
The AWS Cloud Engineer will work collaboratively with technical, project and service delivery teams on architecture, design, implementation, operations, maintenance, and security in key client projects and engagements.
- Planning, design, and implementation of the AWS cloud architecture to support business-critical internal and public-facing solutions and platforms.
- Design and creation of multi-layered deployment pipelines for code and AWS services using AWS native and non-native tooling.
- Be aware of and take actions to maintain the quality of technical delivery from the technical team, with a focus on best practices as defined by the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Be aware of and take actions to maintain security by design in the delivery of the technical teams.
- Design and creation of solutions using containerization and associated automated deployment and configuration, specifically in relation to AWS ECS and EKS.
- Design and delivery of automation and serverless solutions within our organization using Lambda and Python.
- Engaging with client software development teams and technical teams on application stack architecture & design, support issues and improvements to tooling, processes, and usage of AWS services.
- Design and implement comprehensive observability, monitoring, and alerting solutions in AWS to proactively ensure resilience, performance, and availability of delivered AWS cloud solutions and products.
- Using AWS IAM & SSO, and identity provider integrations, to maintain 'least access' principles.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and testing of Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and incident response plans.
- Providing operational support for production and non-production systems as needed. This will involve supporting incident management, responding to, and resolving technical operational incidents. Taking ownership of technical incidents, issues and problems as assigned, and taking them to timely & satisfactory resolution. Proactively identifying the root cause of issues, providing RCA documentation, and implementing mitigations and solutions.
- Collaborative planning and coordination with the service delivery and project delivery teams as a representative of the technical team. Build and maintain relationships with internal, client and AWS teams.
- Provide mentorship and leadership on good practice within a technical team, including skill sharing with and skill acquisition from peers on the technical team.
- Generate technical documentation, case studies and presentations as required for internal and external facing audiences.
- Proactively provide input and support to the company's business and strategic objectives
- Previously successful in a hands-on technical role with a consulting and or managed service delivery company.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in written and spoken English.
- Technical Degree and/or relevant tech experience.
- AWS Certification and or other relevant technical certification or qualification.
- A technical person who demonstrates strong knowledge and proficiency across several technologies (e.g., MS, Linux, AWS, Databases).
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large-scale and impactful IT projects - either on-premises or in the cloud.
- Experience with Networking principles and implementation.
- Working knowledge of cloud-native architectures.
- Strong scripting skills.
- Capable problem solver, who is comfortable managing your time across multiple priorities and remaining in control of deliverables.
- Continuous improvement mindset: You can look at an operational activity, identify ways to improve it, and then follow through to implement those improvements.
PFH is a premier provider of end-to-end ICT solutions and a managed services portfolio scaling from SMEs to large Enterprise organisations. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all your ICT needs. Our ISO 20000/27001 24*7 certified Custodian™ Cloud Services and Custodian™ Managed Services provide the technology and expertise to mitigate risk and reduce your costs immediately. We have a nationwide network of over 450 dedicated professionals, including over 350 qualified engineers, ready to meet your ICT needs, with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway.