Level 2 IT Support Engineer
PFH Technology Group are seeking an enthusiastic L2 IT Support Engineer to be based onsite with our client in Kinsale, Co. Cork.
Responsibilities may include, but are not restricted to:
- Prioritise, manage and responding to helpdesk calls in a timely manner logged on the help desk system;
- Establish and build on good working relationship with customers
- Troubleshoot and if required, referral of hardware faults to third parties
- Where appropriate, assign warranties on hardware to third parties
- System administration using Active Directory
- Troubleshoot issues with Windows accounts/mailboxes
- Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose and solve software faults
- Install and configure computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems and applications
- System Administration – amend privileges / security permissions on server shares, setup of new shared folders on existing shares
- Manage pst requests and data requests for staff moves
- Liaise with third party vendors for softwarehardware installation
- Deal with ‘how to’ and information requests including data security and ICT policies
- Liaison with local and national ICT teams, e.g. Server and Network management to find root cause for recurring issues.
- Document new solutions
- Install individual software requests
- Managed Print devices – liaise with vendors including IP information
- Access consoles to push or provide solutions for requests e.g. Content encryption
- Follow and adhere to SD processes, procedures and follow escalation process and other matters as appropriate
Experience and Education:
- 2 years experience in an IT Support environment
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Suite and Windows
- Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to empathise with users and help them adapt to their new technologies.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to organise work with an organized manner
- Self-starter with a willingness to take responsibility
- Third Level Education Qualification is preferable
PFH is a premier provider of end-to-end ICT solutions and a managed services portfolio scaling from SMEs to large Enterprise organisations. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all your ICT needs. Our ISO certified Custodian™ Cloud Services and Custodian™ Managed Services provide the technology and expertise to mitigate risk and reduce your costs immediately. We have a nationwide network of over 450 dedicated professionals, including over 350 qualified engineers, ready to meet your ICT needs, with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway.