Level 2 IT Support Engineer
PFH Technology Group are seeking a Level 2 IT Support Engineer to be based onsite with our client in Limerick.
Responsibilities may include, but are not restricted to:
- Prioritise, manage and responding to helpdesk calls in a timely manner logged on the help desk system;
- Establish and build on good working relationship with customers
- Troubleshoot and if required, referral of hardware faults to third parties
- Where appropriate, assign warranties on hardware to third parties
- System administration using Active Directory
- Troubleshoot issues with Windows accounts/mailboxes
- Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose and solve software faults e.g. Citrix
- Install and configure computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems and applications
- System Administration – amend privileges / security permissions on server shares, setup of new shared folders on existing shares
- Manage pst requests and data requests for staff moves
- Liaise with third party vendors for softwarehardware installation
- Deal with ‘how to’ and information requests including data security and ICT policies
- Liaison with local and national ICT teams, e.g. Server and Network management to find root cause for recurring issues.
- Document new solutions
- Install individual software requests
- Managed Print devices – liaise with vendors including IP information
- Access consoles to push or provide solutions for requests e.g. Content encryption
- Follow and adhere to SD processes, procedures and follow escalation process and other matters as appropriate
- 2-3 years’ experience in an IT environment
- Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to empathise with users and help them adapt to their new technologies.
- Must demonstrate experience of having an excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and report writing.
- Demonstrate evidence of production of quality deliverables
- Shift Work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to organise work with an organized manner
- Self-starter with a willingness to take responsibility
- The ability to interact with key stakeholders in a professional manner
PFH is a premier provider of end-to-end ICT solutions and a managed services portfolio scaling from SMEs to large Enterprise organisations. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all your ICT needs. Our ISO 20000/27001 24*7 certified Custodian™ Cloud Services and Custodian™ Managed Services provide the technology and expertise to mitigate risk and reduce your costs immediately. We have a nationwide network of over 450 dedicated professionals, including over 350 qualified engineers, ready to meet your ICT needs, with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway