Crystal - Business Objects XCELSIUS 2008
This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of how to create interactive visualizations based on Microsoft Excel workbooks using BusinessObjects™ Xcelsius Enterprise 2008. By the end of the course, you will understand how to use the Xcelsius tools, determine which components best represent different types of information, set up the relationships between these components, and bind the models to live data.
The business benefit of this course is that you will be able to create interactive visualizations that allow users of all levels of expertise to understand complex data, perform "what-if" analysis in a simple-to-use format to spotlight problems and resolve issues, and create presentations and reports.
The course is intended for inexperienced BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008 users who need to acquire proficiency with building interactive visualizations based on Microsoft Excel workbooks and for the technical user who will connect existing models to live data sources.
Lesson 1 – Getting around in Xcelsius
- Create a blank XLF
- Import an Excel file
- Navigate in Xcelsius
- Change component visibility using the Object Browser
- Crop the canvas
- Define the canvas size
- Change the layout of the Xcelsius interface
Lesson 2 – Working with your Excel workbook
- Replace the embedded Excel workbook
- Copy data from an Excel file to the embedded Excel workbook
Lesson 3 – Visualizing data with charts
- Define the available charts
- Create a chart with a data range
- Create a chart with series
- Create a chart with ignore end blanks
- Create a chart with a secondary axis
Lesson 4 – Using Xcelsius components
- Define the available single value components
- Create an interactive model
- Create an interactive model with play options
- Add graphics and backgrounds
- Create a model with a Panel Container
- Create a model with a Tab Set Container
- Create a model with a value-based alert
- Create a model with a percentage-based alert
- Add text to a model
- Define other available components
- Create a model with an interactive calendar
- Create a model with a local scenario button
- Create a model with a Trend Analyzer
- Create a model with a History component
- Add a URL to a model
Lesson 5 – Distributing your visualization
- Take a snapshot from preview mode
- Export to Flash or HTML
- Publish to PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe PDF, or Word
- Export to BusinessObjects Enterprise as a SWF or an XLF file
Lesson 6 – Formatting a model
- Change the appearance of a component
- Change the font for a model
- Apply a color scheme to a model
- Apply a theme to a model
- Create a model from a template
- Create a template from a model
Lesson 7 – Adding interactivity with selectors
- Define the available selectors
- Create a model with a list box selector
- Create a model with a radio button selector
- Create a model with a graphic selector
- Create a model with table output
- Create a model with a table selector
- Create a model with a drill down chart
- Create a model with a list builder
- Create an interactive map
- Create a model with a selector that contains alerts
Lesson 8 – Adding dynamic visibility
- Create a model with dynamic visibility using data insertion
- Create a model with dynamic visibility using a formula
- Create an interactive map with graphics
- Create a multi-layer model
Lesson 9 – Creating a connected visualization
- Use live data sources
- Connect to XML data
- Connect to data using an existing Web Service
- Connect to Crystal Reports data
- Connect to Business Objects Universes using Query as a Web Service
- Use Live Office data
Galway - 11th-12th June 2018
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.