VMware vSphere - Install, Configure & Manage v6
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage is our best-selling course and features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 6, which includes VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6.
This course will give you a solid understanding of how to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organisation of any size. This course meets the prerequisite for advanced vSphere courses, which can be found at www.vmware.com/education.
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Describe the software-defined data centre
- Deploy an ESXi host and create virtual machines
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Deploy a vCenter Server instance or VMware vCenter Server™ Appliance™
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere® Client™ and VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Configure virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a vApp
- Describe and use the content library
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Use VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machine storage
- Monitor resource usage and manage resource pools
- Use VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ to identify and solve issues through analytics and alerts
- Manage VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Use vSphere distributed switches to improve network scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches
- Perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations.
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualisation Fundamentals
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Software-Defined Data Centre
- Introduce components of the software-defined data centre
- Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Install and use vSphere Client
- Overview of ESXi
Module 3: Creating Virtual Machines
- Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
- Deploy a single virtual machine
Module 4: VMware vCenter Server
- Introduce the vCenter Server architecture
- Deploy and configure vCenter Server Appliance
- Install and use vSphere Web client
- Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
- Explain the benefits of Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
Module 5: Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Describe, create, and manage standard switches
- Describe and modify standard switch properties
- Configure virtual switch load-balancing algorithms
- Create, configure, and manage vSphere distributed switches, network connections, and port groups
Module 6: Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
- Introduce storage protocols and device names
- Discuss ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
- Introduce VMware Virtual SAN™
Module 7: Virtual Machine Management
- Use templates and cloning to deploy virtual machines
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Perform vSphere vMotion and vSphere Storage vMotion migrations
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Create a vApp
Module 8: Resource Management and Monitoring
- Introduce virtual CPU and memory concepts
- Configure and manage resource pools
- Describe methods for optimising CPU and memory usage
- Use vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms to monitor resource usage
- Create and use alarms to report certain conditions or events
- Introduce vRealize Operations Manager for data center monitoring and management
Module 9: vSphere HA and vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Explain the vSphere HA architecture
- Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster
- Use vSphere HA advanced parameters
- Introduce vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Enable vSphere Fault Tolerance on virtual machines
- Introduce vSphere Replication
- Use vSphere Data Protection to back up and restore data
Module 10: Host Scalability
- Describe the functions of a vSphere DRS cluster
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster
- Work with affinity and anti-affinity rules
- Use vSphere HA and vSphere DRS together 5 Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
Module 11: vSphere Update Manager and Host Maintenance
- Use vSphere Update Manager to manage ESXi patching
- Install vSphere Update Manager and the vSphere Update Manager plug-in
- Create patch baselines
- Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance
- Scan and remediate hosts
Module 12: Installing VMware Components
- Introduce ESXi installation
- Describe boot-from-SAN requirements
- Introduce vCenter Server deployment options
- Describe vCenter Server hardware, software, and database requirements
- Discuss installation of vCenter
- System administrators
- Systems engineers
Cork / Dublin / Virtual - €2,695
Galway - €2,800
Virtual - 17th-21st September 2018
Galway - 21st-25th May 2018
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.