ITIL, PRINCE & PROJECT MGT
PRINCE2® Practitioner - The Essentials of Project Management
PRINCE2® (Projects IN a Controlled Environment) is a leading edge approach to managing projects. With the launch of PRINCE2® also came its recognition as the de facto standard for managing projects, not just in the IT/IS environment, but for projects of any size and complexity, run in any industry sector.
In support of this recognition, The APM Group offer a certification programme accredited by UKAS on behalf of OGC. ESMI are accredited to run the PRINCE 2 Practitioner.
This course conforms to the syllabus set down by the APM Group for delegates wishing to gain PRINCE2® Practitioner certification.
This is a two-day course leading to the PRINCE2® Practitioner Examination which takes place on the Friday.
There are no Pre-requisites for Pre-course reading material for PRINCE2® Practitioner. Delegates will need a good understanding of PRINCE2® and have attended the PRINCE2® Foundation course first. Anyone sitting the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination must have passed the PRINCE2® Foundation examination.
Delegates must undertake a period of self-study using materials provided before the course. In addition there is a requirement for evening work to be completed throughout the course.
The Practitioner examination (two and a half hours, complex multiple choice) takes place in the afternoon of the second day.
*Please note that a PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate must be produced on course commencement as proof of being eligible to take the Practitioner course.
This course covers a high level overview of the qualification syllabus set down by the APM Group. Delegates are given past exams papers to practice exam technique in order to prepare delegates to sit the PRINCE2® Practitioner Paper.
- Review of PRINCE2®
- Case Study Exercises
- Practitioner Exam Techniques
- Exam Preparation
- Practitioner Exam
Comprehensive course documentation is provided on the course. This material has been approved by the AMPG and OGC.
This course is aimed at anyone wishing to gain the qualification, ideally having already attended the PRINCE2® Foundation course.
This course would benefit:
- Project Managers
- General Managers
- Programme Managers
- Project Team Managers and support staff
- Staff who will have a defined role
- Project Management Consultants
Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities. The course prepares the candidate for the examination, which leads to the Practitioners Certificate in Project Management, administered by the APM Group.
Virtual: Call for dates
Galway: Call for dates
Cork: Call for dates
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.