Oracle Database 11G/12G - Administration
This Oracle 11g/12g course will allow the student to gain the skills necessary for day-to-day administration of an Oracle database. Administration of the Oracle database management system (DBMS) software environment and of the server systems on which the DBMS runs is one of the primary tasks required of database administrators. While it is true that the hardware and software platforms on which the DBMS runs have become increasingly complex, as has the database software itself, the capabilities provided by the Oracle database have correspondingly become more sophisticated.
The overall objective of this training course is to allow the student to gain the skills necessary for day-to-day administration of an Oracle database. This course is the starting point for Oracle database administrators and sets the foundation for advanced administrator training and certification.
Many students taking this course have familiarity with system administration and administration of other non-Oracle databases, and this is helpful though not mandatory.
Major tasks to be considered within this course are:
- Configuration of the Linux and MS Windows operating systems in anticipation of a database installation
- Server Class installation of the Oracle 11g R2 Enterprise Edition database
- Verification of a valid database installation
- Database administrator interface options, including the use of Enterprise Manager, command-line SQL*Plus, and terminal console SSH
- Database deinstallation
- Online software patching
- Startup and shutdown of database services and related software components
- Super administrator authentication options
- An in-depth exploration of the database architecture, including memory, process and data structures, and the management of those structures.
- Management of database files.
- Specialized facilities intended to maximize performance of enterprise-scale transactional applications, such as the shared SQL and PL/SQL cache, the Result Cache, the database buffer cache, and other similar components.
- Management of security policies and procedures, including administration of user accounts, roles, privileges and profiles.
- Utilization of advanced self-tuning and self-management capabilities, including the use of Oracle-Managed Files, database Advisors and other components of the Management Framework.
- Performance monitoring, problem troubleshooting, and resolving lock and conflict issues.
- Using the Oracle Enterprise Manager and SQL interfaces for administration tasks.
- Control over database support services, including the Database Control, Oracle Net and others.
- A primer on backup and recovery structures and strategies.
- Operating system-specific considerations for various platforms, especially Linux and MS Windows Server.
The primary audiences for this course are:
• Database administrators
• Web server administrators
• System administrators
• Implementation specialists
• Data center support engineers
• Senior application designers and developers
Cork - 6th-8th November 2017 & 13th-15th November 2017
Galway - 8th-12th October 2018
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.