MOC 80542A - Customization and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
This course describes the techniques required to customize Microsoft Dynamics CRM to meet the specialized needs of businesses. The topics covered include security; creation and configuration of entities; design of forms views and charts; auditing and solutions. The course describes each topic and how each topic relates to the other topics to produce a full configured, effective solution.
On completion fo this course, students will be able to
- Design and implement strategies for the creation of Business Units and Security Roles
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Users and Teams
- Describe the principles of customizing the system
- Create and configure fields for both custom and system entities
- Create and configure custom entities, including standard and activity entities
- Design, create and configure relationships between entities
- Create and configure Views, Charts and Forms for both system and custom entities
- Implement Field Security and Access Team Templates in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Design, create and configure Solutions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Design, create and configure Business Rules and Business Process Flows to guide users through their work
A working knowledge of how to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. It is recommended, but not required, that individuals have completed Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 or 2013 applications training. Because this training material focuses on customizing database entities, attributes, relationships, and mappings, it is recommended that individuals have a basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and relational database functionality.
Module 1: Introduction to Customizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013Lessons
- Customization or Development? Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solutions
- Introduction to Entity Customization
Lab : Create a Solution and publisher
Module 2: Building a Security Model in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013Lessons
- Introduction to Business Units
- Overview of Security Roles
- User Management Overview
- Team Management Overview Teams and Sharing
- Manage Security Roles for Users and Teams
Lab : Configure Security Roles
Lab : Configure User Access
Module 3: Customizing Entities
- Entity Customization Concepts
- Create a Custom Entity
- Additional Entity Properties
- Modifying the Configuration of an Entity
Lab : Create Custom Entities
Lab : Create a Custom Activity Entity
Module 4: Customizing Fields
- Field Data Types
- Field Display Formats
- Field Properties
- Customize Existing Fields
- Configure Option Sets
- Status and Status Reason Fields
- Delete Fields
Lab : Create and Modify a Global Option Set
Module 5: Managing Relationships Lessons
- Types of Entity Relationships
- Create Entity Relationships1:N Relationship Behavior
- Field Mappings in 1:N Relationships
- Connections and Connection Roles
Lab : Create New Relationship
Lab : Customize Relationship Mappings
Module 6: Customizing Forms
- Form Customization Overview
- Create and Modify Forms
- Quick Create and Quick View Forms
- Manage Multiple Forms
- Mobile Clients
Lab : Modify Form Layout and Add Fields
Lab : Create a Role-Based Form for the Competitor entity.
Module 7: Configuring Business Rules
- Configure Business Rules
Lab : Create a Business Rule
Module 8: Customizing Views
- View Customization Concepts
- System Views
- Create Custom Views
- Remove Unwanted Views
Lab : Modify a Quick Find View
Lab : Create Custom Views
Module 9: Customizing Charts and Dashboards
- Create and Modify Charts
- Export and Import Charts
- Create and Modify Dashboards
Lab : Create a Custom Chart
Lab : Create a Dashboard
Module 10: Additional Security Options
- Field Security Access Team
- Templates Auditing Overview
Lab : Configure Field Security
Lab : Create and Configure an Access Team Template
Module 11: Business Process Flows
- Business Process Flows
Lab : Create a Multi-Entity Business Process Flow
This training is intended for both novice and experienced customizers of Microsoft Dynamics CRM who are familiar with the end-user principles of the software. No programming skills are required, but a basic understanding of database principles will be an advantage.
Cork - Call for dates
Galway - Call for dates
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.