MOC 20417D - Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring and implementing new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is designed for IT professionals who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential.
The course covers the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, virtualization, high availability, and identity federation. Specific technologies covered include Windows PowerShell, Storage Spaces and Internet Small Computer System interface (iSCSI), Active Directory, Hyper-V, implementation of Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs, and Web Application Proxy (WAP). The course also covers Failover Clustering, FederationServices as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, and Web Application Proxy integration with Federation Services and Workplace Join.
This course is not a product upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2012. Rather, this course will update your existing Windows Server 2008 knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2. This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012, which is the upgrade exam for individuals who hold an MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification.
Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell.
- Manage storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement network services.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2008 or Widows Server 2008 R2 system administration, management and maintenance tasks in an Enterprise environment
- Obtained the credential Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 or have equivalent knowledge
Note: It is possible to take this course without having the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential once the criteria of equivalent knowledge is met. However, the subsequent taking and passing of the 70-417 upgrade exam will not provide the exam taker with the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. This credential upgrade path is exclusively for holders of the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2
system administrators who are familiar with carrying out day to day Windows Server management and maintenance tasks. The course will update their skill to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 enterprise environment.
- IT professionals who have obtained the credential MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or have equivalent knowledge.
- IT Professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Data Center, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communication will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012 credential, which is a pre-requisite for their individual specialities.
Cork: Call for dates
Galway: 25th February & 17th June 2019
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.