MOC 20336B - Core Solutions of Microsoft Lync Server 2013
This instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to plan, design, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Lync Server 2013 solution. The course emphasizes Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Unified Communications features with particular emphasis on coexisting with and migrating from legacy communication services. The labs in this course create a solution that includes IM and Presence, Conferencing, and Persistent Chat. This course helps the student prepare for Exam 70-336.
This course is intended for IT consultants and telecommunications consulting professionals who design, plan, deploy, and maintain solutions for unified communications (UC). Candidates should be able to translate business requirements into technical architecture and design for a UC solution.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the overall server and client Lync Server 2013 architecture.
- Describe Lync 2013 features and user scenarios.
- Describe the Lync Server deployment process.
- Describe the components of a Lync Server 2013 Design.
- Plan for Microsoft Solutions Framework for Lync 2013.
- Plan Infrastructure Requirements for Lync Server 2013.
- Use the Lync Server 2013 Planning Tool.
- Use Topology Builder.
- Plan for Site Topology.
- Design a Site Topology.
- Plan the Server Infrastructure.
- Design Documentation Using Microsoft Office.
- Use Lync Server 2013 management interfaces.
- Configure Role-Based Access Control.
- Prepare for client deployment.
- Deploy and manage clients.
- Prepare for device deployment.
- Deploy and manage Internet Protocol (IP) phones.
- Describe conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe dial-in conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Manage and administer dial-in conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the conferencing capabilities of Lync Server 2013.
- Design audio and video for web conferencing.
- Plan for instant message and presence Federation.
- Design Edge services.
- Describe the features and concepts for Persistent Chat in Lync Server 2013.
- Design Lync Server 2013 to include Persistent Chat.
- Deploy and configure Persistent chat in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the Archiving service.
- Describe the Monitoring service.
- Configure the Archiving and Monitoring services.
- Describe and use the Lync Server 2013 troubleshooting tools.
- Describe the required daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks.
- Describe the fundamental troubleshooting approach to Lync Server 2013 issues.
- Use SIP commands and analyze SIP logs.
- Describe high availability in Lync Server 2013.
- Configure High Availability features in Lync Server 2013.
- Plan for load balancing in Lync Server 2013.
- Design load balancing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the high availability options in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the tools for backing up and restoring Lync Server 2013 data.
- Backup and restore critical Lync Server 2013 data.
- Export and import critical Lync Server 2013 data.
- Describe design considerations for branch site scenarios.
- Describe the migration process.
- Describe migration and coexistence topologies.
- Plan for client and device migration.
- Design a software deployment strategy for Lync 2013.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience managing software in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment
- Experience managing an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Familiarity with managing and configuring databases
- An introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
Cork - Call for dates
Galway - Call for dates
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.