MOC 10266A - Programming in C# with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
The course focuses on C# program structure, language syntax, and implementation details with .NET Framework 4.0. This course describes the new enhancements in the C# 4.0 language by using Visual Studio 2010.
In this course, lower-intermediate level programmers gain the knowledge and skills they need to develop C# applications for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. The course highlights the structure of C# 4.0 programs, language syntax, and implementation details. This course is not mapped to any exam.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the .NET Framework, and understand how to use C# and Visual Studio 2010 to build .NET Framework applications.
- Understand the syntax of basic C# programming constructs.
- Create and call methods in a C# application.
- Catch, handle and throw exceptions.
- Perform basic file IO operations in a C# application.
- Create and use new types (enumerations, classes, and structures), and understand the differences between reference types and value types.
- Control the visibility and lifetime of members in a type.
- Use inheritance to create new reference types.
- Manage the lifetime of objects and control the use of resources.
- Define properties and indexers to encapsulate data, and define operators for this data.
- Decouple an operation from the method that implements an operation, and use these decoupled operations to handle asynchronous events.
- Use collections to aggregate data, and use Generics to implement type-safe collection classes, structures, interfaces, and methods.
- Implement custom collection classes that support enumeration.
- Query in-memory data by using LINQ.
- Integrate code written by using a dynamic language such as Ruby and Python, or technologies such as COM, into a C# application
This course is intended for experienced developers who already have programming experience in C, C++, Visual Basic, or Java and understand the concepts of object-oriented programming.
This course is not designed for new programmers; it is targeted at professional developers with at least 12 months experience of programming in an object-oriented environment.
Galway - 9th April 2018
Cork - 15th-19th October 2018
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.