Microsoft Word 2010/2013 Introduction Training
This course is designed to cater for new or self taught users of Microsoft Word. The course covers all topics required to produce documentation that looks good and is well structured.
After this 1 day course you will be able to:
- Create New Documents
- Format Text and Paragraphs
- Create Bullet and Numbering Lists
- Use Tabs
- Perform Page Setup
- Printing Documents
No existing Word skills are necessary
- Word Overview - the User Interface, Quick Access and Mini Toolbar
- Standard & Contextual Ribbons
- The File Tab
- Status Bar Tools
- Dialog Boxes
- Task Panes
- Using Help
- Creating new blank documents
- Accessing and opening templates to create documents
- Saving, closing and opening Documents
- Understanding non-printing characters
- Selection techniques (keyboard + mouse)
- Navigating documents
- Using Word Views, e.g. Print layout and Draft and reading
- Entering text and understanding basic text features. (word-wrap)
- Using Find/Replace
- * Spell Check, Thesaurus
- Applying Font formats - Changing font type, size, colour, special effects, character spacing
- Changing the default font for all new documents
- Using Paragraph formats - justification, indentation, space before and after Paragraph
- Line spacing, Widow and orphan control
- Inserting non breaking hyphens and spaces
- Applying borders and shading
- Format Painter
- Using Cut, Copy and Paste
- Revealing formatting and Clearing formatting
- Bullets & Numbering
- Turning on Bullets
- Creating & editing bulleted list styles
- Changing bullet types and formatting
- Turning on Numbered Lists
- Creating your own numbered list style
- Changing numbering types
Working with Tabs
- Understanding Tabs
- Changing the default Tab Stop
- Setting and manipulating Tab markers on the ruler
- Setting and manipulating Tab markers in the Tab Dialog box
- Using leader tabs
- Using bar tabs
- Setting the measurement units for the Ruler (Imperial and Metric)
- Using Tabs in a Document
Setting up your Document
- Inserting and Deleting page breaks
- Changing page orientation to Landscape or Portrait
- Viewing Headers and Footers
- Creating Basic Page numbering
- Setting Margin Sizes
- Using Page Borders
- Inserting a Watermark
- Printing a Document
- Setting Print options
- Previewing a document
- Selecting a print
Cork - 2nd October 2017
Galway - 26th September 2017
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.