Microsoft SharePoint Power End User
This course will benefit anyone starting to use SharePoint 2010 and provide Power Users with the ability to assist other users. While not intended to be a course for SharePoint developers, it will provide comprehensive training that presents Delegates with a ground-up understanding for how to use, operate and add sites in an existing Microsoft SharePoint Server environment.
On completion of this course, participants will have learned to:
- Create and manage Lists and Libraries
- Understand and utilise different views
- Understand the concept of versioning
- Work with Sites – create sites, control permissions, using site templates
- Developing collaborative sites using
- Integrating with Office
- Understand My Profile
Attendees do not need any previous experience of SharePoint but must have a basic understanding of PCs, including familiarity with a keyboard and mouse. SharePoint online courses require attendees to have an Office 365 subscription and login.
- What is SharePoint?
- How is SharePoint Used?
Navigation In SharePoint
- Top Link bar
- Quick Launch Bar
SharePoint provides the ability to store vast amounts of content in a variety of locations. This module covers a set of tools which help users efficiently locate the information they need.
Lists serve as the structure for calendars, discussion boards, contacts, and. This explains the concept of lists, and reviews popular out of-the-box options. Delegates learn effective ways to use and contribute to lists.
- Overview of Default Lists and List Templates
- Add, Modify, and Delete Content.
- Sort and Filter Content
- Use Default and Custom Views
- Connect a List to Microsoft Outlook
A document library is a location on a site where you can create, collect, update, and share files with other people. The benefits of using a library and how best to work with documents in a library are covered:
- Introduction to Document Libraries
- Upload, Create and Delete Documents
- Folders and Document Sets
- Documents in a Library
- Document Properties
- Document Management Options
Permissions and Security
Security is an important element of any site collection. This module includes Instructor led demonstrations of default groups, coverage of the use, creation, and application of custom permission levels.
- Introduction to Security in SharePoint.
- Permissions, Permission Levels and Groups
- Manage User Site Access.
- Manage Groups and Users
Site Creation and Deletion
Site collections are composed of sites and pages. Delegates create these to develop an understanding of each item’s function and appropriate use.
- Create a New Site Using Site Templates
- Delete a Site
Delegates learn how to use and create workspaces. Explanation and differentiation of wikis and blogs enable Delegates understand the format and function of each type of workspace:
- Introduction to Collaborative Site Templates
Create and Manage Lists and Libraries
Maintenance and creation of lists and libraries. Views, columns, and managed metadata, which are fundamental to lists and libraries. Versioning and other library settings are also covered.
- Create lists & libraries
- Manage List & Library Settings
- Create and Manage Columns
- Site columns
- Create and Manage Views
Microsoft Office Integration Overview
An essential overview of the Microsoft applications that are used commonly in conjunction with SharePoint.
Site collections comprise of sites, basic pages, and Web Part pages. Delegates create each of these components to develop an enhanced understanding of each item’s function and use.
- Add Pages to SharePoint Sites
- Add and Modify simple Web Parts
- Look and Feel Settings
- Modify Navigational Components
- Create Site Templates
Working with My Profile (optional)
- Editing your Profile
- Creating Content Areas
- Adding Colleagues
- Tracking Colleagues
- Notes and Social Tagging
- Creating a Blog
Galway - €650
Cork - €595
Cork: 12th-13th March 2019
Galway: 5th February 2019
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.