Microsoft Excel - Intermediate - Level 1
This course concentrates on developing a wide variety of Excel skills and is just as suitable for budget holders as it is for those who use Excel for analysing data lists or for any general spreadsheet users.
This course is offered for Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013.
Building on existing knowledge this course focuses on formulas, worksheet management, linking data across worksheets and files, and using Excel as a database –useful for those who use imported data.
Some topics are specific to a version therefore will only be included for the relevant version.
To get the most from this course delegates must be able to perform basic Excel actions and create simple formulae. Existing Excel users with no formal training will find this course extremely useful, as it will bridge the gap in knowledge of Excel.
- Shortcuts and tips for navigating, formatting, etc.
- Absolute, relative references
- Printing options (headers/footers, fitting to page, setting print areas, print titles)
- Group sheets
- Move and copy sheets
- Move and copy to another file
- Changing the default number of sheets
Linking sheets and files
- Linking sheets in the same file
- 3D calculations
- Data consolidation
- Linking different Excel files
- Using edit, links
- Viewing different files on one screen
- Saving a workspace
- Window split and freeze panes
- SUMIF and SUMIFS
- AVERAGEIF and AVERAGEIFS
- COUNTIF and COUNTIFS
- IF statements and nested If
- Upper, lower, proper and concatenate, VALUE and TEXT
- Text to columns
- Flash fill
Formulae auditing and formula view
- Tracing precedents/dependents
- Using watch window
- Go to special
Customising conditional formatting
- Managing conditional formats
- Using formulas in conditional formats.
- Using conditional formats to hide errors, identify duplicates
- Creating flowcharts
- Sorting Data (By Values, By Cell Colour, By Font Colour, By Cell Icons)
- Multi Column Sort
- Filter (By Values, By Cell Colour, By Font Colour, By Cell Icons)
- Multi Column Filter
Cork: 17th February 2020
Galway: 25th February 2020
Virtual: 7th & 8th April 2020
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.