Getting Started with MS Office 365
Office 365 training is completed in modular form with training taking place for each app as required by the client. We can advise you on which apps are going to be appropriate for your specific requirements, should you need us to.
Attendees must have an Office 365 account.
NOTE: All timings are approximate and will be determined by attendees abilities and skill level.
Introducing Cloud computing (short overview – 15 mins)
- Identify and outline the components of Office
- Navigating Office 365
- Updating your Profile in Office 365
OWA (2 hours)
- People and groups
One Drive (1 hour)
- Adding documents – uploading and creating from new, adding folders
- Sharing documents
- Version control
- Synchronising to local drives/devices
Working with the Web Apps (45 minutes)
- Differences between working with the web apps and the full versions of the applications
Delve (30 minutes)
Using this O365 search engine to:
- Search for people or documents
- Using and creating boards
OneNote (1 hour)
- How OneNote's Notebooks, Sections, and Pages Work
- Creating, Naming, and Renaming Pages in One Note full Client/Desktop version
- Renaming a Section in OneNote full Client/Desktop version.
- How to Create New Sections in OneNote full Client/Desktop version.
- Performing Mathematical Calculations in OneNote
- Using OneNote Screen Clippings in Different Documents
- Using the Send to OneNote Print Option
- How to Add Notes Using the Insert Tab
- How to Import Info from Different Programs into OneNote
- How to Move OneNote Sections and Pages
- Creating and Using Section Groups
- Creating Tables and Lists with OneNote
- OneNote vs. Word for Note Taking
- Add images, audio, and video to your notes
Yammer - Connect, collaborate and create (30 minutes)
- What is Yammer
- How to set up your profile
- Following and Liking
- Joining a Group
- Creating a Group
To Do – manage and complete important daily things (30 minutes)
- Plan your day - add to-dos from Suggestions or enter new to-dos in My Day.
- Set due dates and reminder times for each to-do to keep everything on track.
- Add notes within each to-do's detail view.
- Automatically sync your to-dos to Outlook tasks.
Tasks (30 minutes)
Using this tool to track things that do not need to go into the calendar
- View Tasks in Outlook Web App
- Open a task in a separate window
- The tasks list
- Creating tasks
- Editing tasks
Planner (1 hour)
Create a plan, build a team, assign and update
- Create new plans
- Organise and assign tasks
- Produce visuals to show updates on progress
Using Skype for Business (1.5 hours)
- Skype for Business in detail
- Viewing and setting presence status
- Understanding the interactive contact card in Microsoft Office applications
- Using instant messages in business
- Using 'click-to-communicate'
- Integration with Outlook
- Online presentations
Sway (1 hour)
- Creating Interactive Reports, Presentations, Newsletters
Teams chat based workspace (1 hour)
- See content and chat history anytime in team chat or in private chat.
- Schedule small group or team meetings
- Post an email in the thread to keep the team in the loop
- Search for public teams to collaborate on shared projects
Forms – Surveys, quizzes and Polls ( 1 hour)
This app is available for Education subscribers and in Preview for commercial subscribers
- Create a Form
- Enhance the form adding images, formatting text, backgrounds/themes
- Form settings
- Share, Send and collect responses
- Print a form
- Embed in OneNote
- Create in OneNote and Create a form in Excel
StaffHub – manage and set up work schedules online (1 hour)
- Edit and publish a schedule
- Add employees or groups in Microsoft StaffHub
- Request and approve time off in Microsoft StaffHub
- Send corporate announcements to all StaffHub members
- Manage To-Do lists for your teams on Microsoft StaffHub
Flow (45 minutes)
- Create automated workflows between apps and services to get notifications, synchronize files, collect data.
Stream - share videos of meetings, training sessions, etc.(30 minutes)
- Upload a video
- Invite coworkers
- Search and find
- Explore interesting content
Video an intranet portal for posingt and viewing videos. (30 minutes)
- Upload and share videos.
- Find and watch videos shared by other people in your organization.
- Create and manage video channels.
Newsfeed – share information for all to see and stay informed (30 minutes)
- Create newsfeeds
- Follow newsfeeds
- Use mentions and tags
SharePoint – share and manage content and information using Site structure and apps (one or two days)
- Basic or power user programme
POWER APPS a collection of software services and apps that work together to fundamentally transform and accelerate how you build and share custom line of business applications. (one or two days)
As for SharePoint this is a more complex app requiring more training time – a knowledge of Excel is required
AVAILABILITYGalway: 28th January & 20th February 2020
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.