Crystal Reports v11 & 2008 - Introduction
This course is designed for new users of Crystal Reports wishing to learn to report from data from a variety of different sources.
The aim of this course is to produce flexible reports using Crystal reports. Crystal is a powerful reporting tool which is regularly used to report from Access, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase and other relational databases. This course provides an introduction to reporting from relational databases and explores Crystal Reports’ features for summarizing and highlighting data. Attendees will learn how to produce a range of different reports from list oriented reports to those with embedded sub forms containing graphs and tabular information.
Students will learn to:
- Connect to a database directly and via ODBC
- Work with formulae to summarise data into groups
- Export reports to Excel and onto the web
- Create run-time reports for distribution
- Highlight and flag important data in a report
… and much more.
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
Create, manipulate and modify reports. To understand the implications of selection criteria. To be able to group, sort and summarise data in a report. To use formulae, custom group levels and sorting to order data. To work create and insert sub-reports and understand where they are required. To flag, customise and highlight data in a report. To be able to build run-time reports. To understand the data refresh options.
- Introduction to relational databases (tables, fields, relationships)
- Setting up a report Field types
- Formatting fields
- Selecting records
- Sorting report data
- Grouping report data
- Creating custom groups
- Summarizing and totaling data
- Building formulae
- Formula syntax
- Adding graphs/charts
- Working with OLE objects
- Previewing a report
- Editing in preview mode
- Working with field types
- Order of precedence
- Useful domain functions (max, min, average etc.)
- Calculating with dates
- Default Date formats
- Report headers and footers
- Repeating sections
- Refreshing report data
- Sub-reports Embedding sub-reports
- Changing run-time properties
- Highlighting and flagging data
- Summary report types
- Tabular reports
- Creating charts and graphs
- Exporting report data
- Creating run-time reports
Cork: Call for dates
Galway: 23rd-24th September 2019
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.