Crystal Reports 2013
You gain extensive experience using Crystal Reports to connect to databases, retrieve raw data, format data, and create and present reports for widespread distribution. You return to your organization with a detailed process to help you connect to data sources and create useful reports.
On completion of this course, students will have learned to:
- Develop reports to transform data into meaningful information
- Create advanced graphical and crosstab reports
- Add calculations and program logic with the Formula Workshop.
- Connect to data sources and extract data to meet reporting needs
- Deploy reports via HTML via Visual Basic and .NET
Hands-On Experience Includes:
Building reports from the ground up
Connecting to data sources natively, via OLE DB and ODBC
Designing a crosstab and drill-down report
Developing a summary report with drill-down capabilities
Simplifying information using charts and graphs
Deploying your report to a web server for distribution
Overview of Crystal Reports
Formatting and summarizing data
Filtering, sorting and grouping data
Customizing reports with business logic
Connecting to SQL Server, Oracle and Access databases
The Crystal Report Writer
Writing a basic report
- Selecting a format
- Adding text and fields
- Connecting to remote data sources
- Configuring the reporting environment
Formatting and styling
- Tailoring sections within a report
- Designing fields for quality presentations
- Highlighting data with Highlight Expert
Linking Crystal Reports to Data
Connecting to popular data sources
- SQL Server
- Web logs
- Reporting from stored procedures and views
Establishing data connections
- Creating a connectivity checklist
- Configuring ODBC and OLE DB
- Integrating SQL commands in a report
Interpreting Structures and Retrieving Data
Navigating complex data
- Deciphering data structures
- Identifying data relationships
Gathering the right data
- Merging data from multiple tables
- Building business queries
Combining Powerful Report Techniques
Organizing and summarizing reports
- Sorting user sort control and grouping
- Summary and Rolling Total fields
Building advanced reports
- Embedding linked and unlinked sub reports into reports
- Creating crosstab and drill-down reports
- Designing dynamic and cascading prompts
- Hyperlinking Reports and Multilingual Reports
- Achieving reusability with templates
Visualizing complex data
- Simplifying data with charts and graphs
- Organizing fields into sections
- Adding, merging, suppressing sections
Programming Daata Functionality
Coding in formula language
- Working with variables and operators
- Deciphering formula syntax
- Adding and modifying formulas
- Calling and working with functions
Writing effective formulas
- Building if/then/else statements
- Converting and comparing data
- Debugging the code
- Employing the Formula Workshop
Converting to Basic Syntax
- Writing formulas with Basic Syntax
- Laying a foundation for complex reporting logic
Deploying Reports to the Internet, Visual Basic and .NET
Deploying Crystal Reports
- Deciding among Push, Pull, Static and Dynamic reports
- Migrating to production by switching databases
Publishing reports to a website and integrating into custom applications
- Exploring development options
- Exporting reports to PDF, Excel, Word and HTML
- Adding Crystal Reports to a .NET application
Cork - Call for dates
Galway - Call for dates
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.