CISCO & CITRIX
CISCO: ICND Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices - Part 1 V2.0
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge required to install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network,including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, connecting to a WAN, and identifying basic security threats. At the end of this course students should be able to complete the configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of a small branch network under supervision.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs
- Establish Internet connectivity
- Manage network device security
- Expand small- to medium-sized networks with WAN connectivity
- Describe IPv6 basics
- Basic Windows navigation and keyboard literacy skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic IP addressing knowledge
Building a Simple Network
- Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Understanding the Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Introducing LANs
- Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Starting a Switch
- Understanding Ethernet and Switch Operation
- Troublshooting Common Swith Media Issues
Establishing Internet Connectivity
- Understanding the TCP/IP Internet Layer
- Understanding IP Addressing and Subnets
- Understanding the TCP/IP Transport Layer
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Enabling Static Routing
- Managing Traffic Using ACLs
- Enabling Internet Connectivity
Managing Network Device Security
- Securing Administrative Access
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Implementing Traffic Filtering with ACLs
Building a Medium-Sized Network
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Routing between VLANs
- Using a Cisco Network Device as a DHCP Server
- Introducing WAN Technologies
- Introducing Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Implementing OSPF
- Introducing Basic IPv6
- Understanding IPv6
- Configuring IPv6 Routing
- Lab 1-1: Performing Switch Startup and Initial Configuration
- Lab 1-2: Troubleshooting Switch Media Issues
- Lab 2-1: Performing Initial Router Setup and Configuration
- Lab 2-2: Connecting to the Internet
- Lab 3-1: Enhancing the Security of the Initial Configuration
- Lab 3-2: Device Hardening
- Lab 3-3: Filtering Traffic with ACLs
- Lab 4-1: Configuring Expanded Switched Networks
- Lab 4-2: Configuring DHCP Server
- Lab 4-3: Implementing OSPF
- Lab 5-1: Configure and Verify Basic IPv6
- Lab 5-2: Configure and Verify Stateless Autoconfiguration
- Lab 5-3: Configure and Verify IPv6 Routing
- Lab S-1: ICND1 Superlab
Galway: 23rd-27th September 2019
Virtual: 30th September - 4th October 2019
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.