CISCO & CITRIX
Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Boot Camp - CCNAX v2.0 - Dublin
This course takes place in Dublin in conjunction with Global Knowledge. Next upcoming course is 14th-18th May 2018.
Our accelerated CCNA Boot Camp is an intensive program, designed to help you achieve your CCNA certification in a reduced period of time. To maximise your classroom experience and ensure that you get a comprehensive coverage of the CCNA materials, our three-step, blended learning approach to the CCNA Boot Camp consists of: Pre-Class Activity, Classroom Instruction and Post-Class Lab Practice.
The Pre-Class Activity provides you with approximately ten hours of review materials and exercises, including a a pre-test assessment, all of which is designed to give you a firm foundation and get you focused before you enter the classroom.
Classroom Instruction includes intensive instructor-led training and hands-on labs, students will learn how to install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, identifying basic security threats, understanding redundant topologies, troubleshooting common network issues, connecting to a WAN,configuring EIGRP and OSPF in both IPv4 and IPv6, understanding wide-area network technologies, and getting familiar with device management and Cisco licensing. You will have 24-hour lab access during the course.
Following the course you will be provided with ten e-Lab credits, which can be used for additional Lab Practice allowing you to hone your skills using the same hands-on lab equipment you used in the classroom.
After you complete this course you should be able to:
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs
- Establish Internet connectivity
- Manage network device security
- Describe IPv6 basics
- Troubleshoot VLAN issues, explain how STP works, configure EtherChannel, and understand the idea behind Layer 3 redundancy
- Troubleshoot IP connectivity
- Define the characteristics, functions, and components of a WAN
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP in an IPv4 environment, and configure EIGRP for IPv6
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot multi-area OSPF
- Describe SNMP, syslog and NetFlow, and manage Cisco device configurations, IOS images, and licenses
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic Windows navigation and keyboard literacy skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic IP addressing knowledge
Building a Simple Network
- Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Understanding the Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Introducing LANs
- Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Starting a Switch
- Understanding Ethernet and Switch Operation
- Troubleshooting Common Switch Media Issues
Establishing Internet Connectivity
- Understanding the TCP/IP Internet Layer
- Understanding IP Addressing and Subnets
- Understanding the TCP/IP Transport Layer
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Enabling Static Routing
- Managing Traffic Using ACLs
- Enabling Internet Connectivity
Managing Network Device Security
- Securing Administrative Access
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Implementing Traffic Filtering with ACLs
- Introducing Basic IPv6
- Understanding IPv6
- Configuring IPv6 Routing
Building a Medium-Sized Network
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Routing Between VLANs
- Using a Cisco Network Device as a DHCP Server
- Troubleshooting VLAN Connectivity
- Building Redundant Switched Topologies
- Improving Redundant Switched Topologies with EtherChannel
- Understanding Layer 3 Redundancy
Troubleshooting Basic Connectivity
- Troubleshooting IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Troubleshooting IPv6 Network Connectivity
Wide Area Networks
- Understanding WAN Technologies
- Configuring Serial Encapsulation
- Establishing a WAN Connection Using Frame Relay
- Introducing VPN Solutions
- Configuring GRE Tunnels
Implementing an EIGRP-Based Solution
- Implementing EIGRP
- Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Implementing EIGRP for IPv6
Implementing a Scalable OSPF-Based Solution
- Implementing OSPF
- Multiarea OSPF IPv4 Implementation
- Troubleshooting Multiarea OSPF
- Examining OSPFv3
Network Device Management
- Configuring Network Devices to Support Network Management Protocols
- Managing Cisco Devices
- Lab 1-1: Performing Switch Startup and Initial Configuration
- Lab 1-2: Troubleshooting Switch Media Issues
- Lab 2-1: Performing Initial Router Setup and Configuration
- Lab 2-2: Connecting to the Internet
- Lab 3-1: Enhancing the Security of the Initial Configuration
- Lab 3-2: Device Hardening
- Lab 3-3: Filtering Traffic with ACLs
- Lab 4-1: Configure and Verify Basic IPv6
- Lab 4-2: Configure and Verify Stateless Autoconfiguration
- Lab 4-3: Configure and Verify IPv6 Routing
- Lab 5-1: Configuring Expanded Switched Networks
- Lab 5-2: Configuring DHCP Server
- Lab 5-3: Troubleshooting VLANs and Trunks
- Lab 5-4: Optimising STP
- Lab 5-5: Configuring EtherChannel
- Lab 6-1: Troubleshooting IP Connectivity
- Lab 7-1: Configuring and Troubleshooting a Serial Connection
- Lab 7-2: Establishing a Frame Relay WAN
- Lab 7-3: Establishing a GRE Tunnel
- Lab 8-1: Implementing EIGRP
- Lab 8-2: Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Lab 8-3: Implementing EIGRP for IPv6
- Lab 9-1: Implementing OSPF
- Lab 9-2: Configuring Multiarea OSPF
- Lab 9-3: Troubleshooting Multiarea OSPF
- Lab 9-4: Configuring OSPF for IPv6
- Lab 10-1: SNMP and Syslog Basic Configuration
- Lab 10-2: Analysing NetFlow Data
- Lab 10-3: Managing Cisco Devices and Licensing
Dublin - 18th-22nd June 2018
Training with PFH+
WHY TRAIN WITH PFH?
- Pre-training evaluation - PFH will assess your training requirements and levels prior to attending training:
- Instructor led tuition by highly qualified instructor
- Comprehensive manual to accompany PFH public courses
- Training can be customised to meet customer's specific requirements
- Money back guarantee – If you are not happy with the quality of training received, PFH will refund payment
- All PFH trainers are Certified which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
- Each student will have their own PC
- Comprehensive manual to accompany each training course
- Complimentary coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit provided, along with light lunch provided for courses delivered in PFH
- Certificates of Attendance provided to each student on completion of training
- Air conditioned comfortable and spacious training rooms
- Free parking
- If a student feels they have not managed to reach their own personal course objectives, they are welcome to attend the:
- Same public class within 6 months, at no charge
- 60 day post training support – Students can call or email our instructors with any questions / problems they may be experiencing at home or work (or a maximum of 5 calls per course/delegate)
TRAINING FACILITIES PROVIDED BY PFH
When you're learning new skills and meeting new people it's important that you do so in comfortable, modern surroundings.
You'll enjoy a rewarding training course here at PFH premises and benefit from our modern training facilities.
Facilities provided include:
- Air-conditioned training rooms
- High-spec student PC's plus an instructor PC
- Internet access and wireless internet access
- Convenient locations in Cork and Galway
- Overhead projector, whiteboard and flipchart in each room
- Course materials
- Free parking
- Daily refreshments & lunch
Please note that the above facilities are available to rent for your specialised training event also. Please contact PFH Training for rates and information.
Instructor-led training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment. Few educational opportunities are considered more valuable than meeting and interfacing directly with an instructor.
All of our trainers are MCPs [Microsoft Certified Professionals], ECDL certified and MOS Experts which guarantees that the training you receive will be of the highest quality.
PFH has a large portfolio of trainers who can deliver training at our training centres in Cork and Galway, or Nationwide at customer premises or another training centre.
PFH offers instructor led training on our Public Schedule at our training centres in Cork and Galway.
CUSTOMISED INSTRUCTOR- LED TRAINING
PFH provides customised training for groups of 1 to 12 at either PFH's Training Centres at Cork or Galway or on-site at your premises. Content can be taken from any of our course oulines and customised to suit the exact requirmements of your group and scheduled on dates that suit your delegates. Group rates apply contact us for rates.
This method of training ensures your delegates get trained on exactly the topics they require in the duration of time that you can allow to give them.
SEMINAR STYLE TRAINING
Seminar training can be offered where companies require a large number of people to receive initial overview training on the New Interface of an Operating System or Office Applications.
Seminar Training is based solely on demonstrating the New Features and is non hands-on training. The benefits of this type of training is that attendees can get an initial feel for the New Interface of any given application and it can save a lot of time and money during an initial roll out. This type of training instils an element of confidence when people return to their desks to work with the New Interface or Application.
Depending on how the roll out is managed with the installations, training could be run in tandem with this, and groups may also benefit from the trainer doing some “floor walking” following the seminars to assist people when they are back at their desks.
The number of attendees is optional and can range from 20-50 per session. This is dependant on the size of your room!
All training/seminar can be customised specifically to suit group requirements.