We’re living in a fast-moving digital world. Organisations in every industry are embarking on digital transformation journeys to keep up with customer and business demands. Cloud based services and applications are a key enabler to digital transformation. At PFH we advise our customers, before diving into digital transformation, they need to understand potential challenges, including a change in data traffic patterns, the move to the cloud, and security.
Network and security are undergoing major changes as IT leaders face dynamic and expanding business demands through digital transformation. Our customers are looking for solutions that address the requirement to support modern applications with both on-premises and cloud-based deployments.
The demand for remote sites\branch WAN edge functionality continues to shift from dedicated routing, security and WAN optimisation appliances to feature-rich software-defined WAN (SD-WAN). SD-WAN is replacing routing and adding application-aware path selection among multiple links, centralised orchestration and native security, as well as other functions.
SD-WAN technology is helping to transform complex, costly WAN networks into simple, easy-to-manage and cost effective cloud and WAN connectivity. At PFH we want to put our customers in the driving seat of this transformation. Accordingly, we’ve made considerable investments in expertise and managed services and also partnered with the market-leading SD-WAN vendor, VMware Velocloud. VMware has more than 5,500 WAN edge customers deployed globally.
VMware’s SD-WAN offering includes physical and virtual edge appliances, cloud gateways and orchestration, which can be on-premises, or managed-hosted by PFH. The solution includes strong SD-WAN functionality that, when combined with its gateways, offers enterprises a scalable platform for accessing cloud workloads.
The benefits of SDWAN are enormous, offering our customers great agility to respond to the needs of modern cloud based applications, coupled with an opportunity to reduce costs, simplify management and drive efficiencies while increasing security.
- Easily respond to business needs, rapid zero-touch deployment, scaling and management automation.
- Optimise end-user experience with automation as you onboard modern cloud based applications
- Streamline cloud adoption with simple and scalable cloud on-ramp.
- SD-WAN can reduce OpEx and CapEx by utilising the Internet for transport and X86-commoditised hardware.
- Engineering spends in deployment and operations are significantly lower due to ZTP (zero touch provisioning) and centralised simple management
- Centralised orchestration and control of the entire network simplifies operations and enhances monitoring
- Simplified management and operations reduce network operations costs
- Simple application prioritisation policies
- You can aggregate multiple transports to increase bandwidth and availability to applications using DMPO (dynamic multipath optimisation)
- 100+Mbps internet is now commonly available throughout Ireland. At this speed MPLS (multiprotocol label switching) is not cost-effective
- You can simplify security service chaining and insertion either in branch or in the cloud
- It provides secure network segmentation for PCI compliance
- SaaS applications perform better and are protected by cloud distributed gateways
- Multiple segments are supported, enabling traffic from different security zones to traverse the network. For example, you can transport CCTV securely to the cloud on SD-WAN infrastructure
About PFH & VMware
PFH Technology Group is Irelands largest VMware Premier Master Services partner, with the largest certified Professional Services Consultants team, across disciplines such a Data Centre Virtualisation, Network Virtualisation, Hybrid Cloud and End-User Compute solutions.
PFH holds six solution competencies and was one of Irelands first ‘Master Services Competency’ partners. VMware Partner Competencies recognise sales and technical proficiency, delivery expertise and customer success for next-generation VMware solution areas. As a top tier VMware Premium partner PFH has designed and deployed some of Ireland’s largest VMware powered solutions. Examples of these solutions are; Ireland’s largest VxRail hyper-converged stretched cluster, VMware Software Defined Network (NSX and SDWAN) solutions across Government, Healthcare and Financial sectors.
If you’d like to discuss how you can apply the benefits of SD-WAN to your enterprise, make contact with one of our SD WAN specialists here. Alternatively, you can download our VMware SD-WAN for Dummies Guide.